- [L.] Laser Micrometer
- [R.] RS-232C communication
- [C.] Outer diameter control
- [TM.] Surface Variation Detector
- [AD.] Counting Event Printer
- [J.] Joint Detector
[L.] Laser Micrometer
[L.S.] General(Laser Micrometer)
[L.B.] BCD option
- [L.S.] General(Laser Micrometer)
- [L.S.1] How to remove the cover of the LDM-110 / LDM-110 EX / LDM-210 ?
- [L.S.2] How to check the version of LDM-110 / LDM-110 EX / LDM-210 ?
- [L.S.3] How long can the cable length between the detector and display be extended?
- [L.S.3-1] Is there kind of cable length between the detection unit and the display unit ?
- [L.S.4] What happens, when combining a detection unit and a display unit whose serial numbers are not pairs ?
- [L.S.5] Please tell me the relationship between the actual measurement sampling and the average times.
- [L.S.6] How does vibration of the work such as electric wire affect measurement accuracy?
- [L.S.7] Are there restrictions on the mounting direction of the detection unit?
- [L.S.8] According to the specification of the Laser Micrometer, the specification accuracy is guaranteed within a specific area, but how high is the accuracy outside the specific area?
- [L.S.9] Can we measure underwater objects through acrylic tanks?
- [L.S.10] How is the circuit of the hold input?
- [L.S.11] How far can the distance between the transmitter and receiver of the separate type detector of the Laser Micrometer be extended?
- [L.S.12] What kind of diameter is used for the gauge used for calibration? (Go to the explanation page)
- [L.S.13] Are air purge units available? (Go to the explanation page)
- [L.S.14] Please tell us a concrete example of using the signal distributor (LDM-205, LDM-206)
- [L.S.15] Difference between LDM-110 / 110EX and LDM-130 / 130EX
- [L.B.] BCD option
- [L.B.1] How do I attach and detach BCD board (for LDM-110 / 110EX / 210) ?
- [L.B.2] Can I change the strobe pulse width of BCD board (for LDM-110 / 110EX / 210)?
- [L.B.3] What is the specification of the BCD output circuit and how is it connected to the receiving side?
- [L.B.4] How far can you wire the BCD signal wiring?
- [L.B.5] Is there any countermeasure for the digit whose display is blank is (F) hex in BCD ?
- [L.B.6] What is the BCD output signal when the LDM-110/210 is displaying an error?
[L.S.1] How do I remove the cover of LDM-110 / LDM-110EX / LDM-210 ?
- If it is attached to the panel, first disconnect all the panel wiring, remove the mounting bracket and remove the main body from the panel.
- Before removing the cover, please remove the shorted terminal if there is a short piece.
- Can remove the cover by removing the nylon spacer from the rear panel.
[L.S.2] How do I check the version of LDM-110 / LDM-110EX / LDM-210 ?
When turning on the power, after it is displayed 18.104.22.168.8 in the display area, the number surrounded by "-" as "-1.23 -" will be displayed, and this is the version number.
[L.S.3] How long can the cable length between the scannign unit and the display unit be extended ?
- 5m cable between the scanning unit and display unit is a standard accessory.
- It is optional if more length is required. It can be up to 30 m.
- If you want to stretch more than 30 m, use the signal extender (LDM-201 / LDM-202). It is convenient that it is not necessary to supply AC power, since the LDM-201 / LDM-202 operates with the power supply of the display unit in the box of 140 * 110 * 46 [mm].
- By using this signal extender, you can extend the cable between the scanning unit and the detection unit up to approximately 120 m.
[L.S.3-1] Are there any kind of cable lengths between the scanning unit and the display unit ?
- 5 m cable between the scannign unit and display unit is a standard accessory.
It is optional if more length is required.
It can be up to 30 m.
- Normally, following cables(LDM cables) are available.
５m (standard accessory)、10m、15m、20m、25m、30m
- If you would like any length other than the above, please consult our sales department.
[L.S.4] What happens when combining the scannign unit and the display unit whose serial numbers are not paired ?
Please use without changing the combination as much as possible, since the scanning unit and the display unit of the Laser Micrometer are calibrated in pairs. In other words, please use the same serial number.
When it is absolutely necessary to change the combination, please pay attention to the following matters.
- Please connect and use the scannign unit shipped with the display unit LDM-110 series to the LDM-110 series, and please connect and use the scanning unit shipped with the display unit LDM-100 series to the LDM-100 series. The display part originally shipped in combination with the LDM-110 series has a laser ON monitor LED on the scannning unit.
- When scanning unit originally shipped in combination with the LDM-110 series, this scanning unit can not be measured even when connected to the LDM-100 series, and an error message "E-00" is displayed. Or the operation will stop with "0000" indication.
- Scanning unit which was originally shiped with LDM-100 series can be connected to the LDM-110. However, if used in that combination for a long time, either the scanning unit or LDM-110 may be damaged. Even if one of them is damaged, the measurement can be continued normally, but it can not be measured when returning to the regular combination.
- When you change the combination of the regular pair, if the model is the same, the approximate value will be displayed but the accuracy in the specification can not be guaranteed. (Example: In the case of LDM-303H with accuracy +/- 2 um, changing the combination may cause deviation to about 10 um. In this case, we recommend you to calibrate them.)
- Moreover, when it is combined with the scanning unit of a different type name, it shows detrimental values. In this case, calibration is absolutely necessary.
- For the method of calibrating the Laser Micrometer, refer to the attached instruction manual.
[L.S.5] Please tell us the relationship between the actual measurement sampling and the average number of times.
- Scanning is applied 400 times per second to the object to be measured in the detection part of the Laser Micrometer. That is, the measured value is sampled 400 times per second. Therefore, the sampling interval is 2.5 ms.
The average number of times in the Laser Micrometer is a parameter indicating how many sampling data are collected and averaged.
f you set the average number to 256 times, it will display a simple average value by summing 256 pieces of data and dividing by 256. Therefore, the interval at which the display changes is 0.64 sec (= 256 * 2.5 msec). However, since the recorder output uses the moving average method , it will be updated once every 2.5 msec.
- For example, if a pipe runs at a line speed of 70 m / min, the pipe moves 1167 mm (= 70 m / 60 sec) per second. Therefore, the sampling interval with respect to the pipe length at this time is 2.92 mm (= 1167 mm / 400). If we set the average number of times to 256 times for this pipe, it will calculate the average value at 0.64 second intervals, so it will be the mean value of 747 mm (= 1.167 * 0.64) length in the pipe length direction.
- And the measurement accuracy (stability) becomes better as the average number of times increases, and the relation becomes Gaussian distribution. Therefore, when accuracy is required, the average number of times must be increased moderately. The reasons for the Gaussian distribution depends on as follows: rotation unevenness of the scanning motor, accuracy of the rotating mirror, digitization error of the electronic circuit, vibration of the workpiece (see [L.S.6] for the relationship between work vibration and accuracy)
- An example of LDM-304H is shown on the bottomright
[L.S.6] How does vibration of work such as electric wire affect measurement accuracy ?
The scanning speed of the laser beam is,
( Measurement range ) / 400 [usec].
Therefore, the time the laser beam actually traverses the workpiece,
( Work external diameter / Scanning speed )
Here, at the time of one scanning, the maximum value of the measurement error influenced by the vibration of the workpiece is
( Time the laser beam traverses the work ) / ( Vibration cycle of the work ) * ( Vibration amplitude of the work )
summarizing the above items, the maximum error that affects the measurement due to vibration is
( Maximum error ) = ( Work outside diameter ) / ( Measurement range ) / ( Vibration period ) * ( Vibration amplitude ) * 400 [usec]
For example, when a workpiece with an external diameter of 60 mm that oscillates at a frequency of 10 Hz and 2 mm amplitude is measured with LDM-304 H (measuring range: 90 mm), the maximum error that the vibration gives to the measurement is
60[mm]/ 90[mm] / 0.1[sec] * 2[mm] * 400[usec] = 5.33[um]
Actually, when the beam advancing direction and the work moving direction coincide with each other, it is +5.33 [um]. And when the beam advancing direction and the work moving direction are opposite, it is -5.33 [um].
The maximum error is the maximum error that can occur in one scanning. This error is averaged as the average number is increased. And increasing the average number will cancel the error as the vibration direction and the scanning direction coincide or are reversed. Please refer to [L.S.5] for details on the average number of times.
[L.S.7] Are there any limitation on the mounting direction of the scanning unit ?
There is no limitation. You can install it in any direction. However, if the glass faces to the sky you need to pay special attention to cleaning the glass surface since dust tends to accumulate on the glass surface, and water drops are easy to attach. This can be said regardless of the light projecting side or light receiving side. For cleaning of the glass surface etc., please refer also to [L.E.0]
[L.S.8] According to the specifications of the Laser Micrometer, the specification accuracy is guaranteed within a specific area, but how high is the accuracy outside the specific area?
Accuracy outside the specified area is about 2-3 times the guarantee precision within the specific area. Then, the closer to the specific area, the closer the guarantee accuracy is. Conversely, as it departs from the specific area, it tends to depart from the guarantee precision, and the accuracy gets about 3 times worse when it is about the measurement area limit. However, this also varies from device to device.
As an example of the accuracy data of LDM-304H, +/- 5 um accuracy is obtained in the 60 mm square region which is a specific region by center distribution, but +/- 7 um in the 70 mm square region and +/- 10 um in the 80 mm square region and the accuracy was +/- 15 um in the 90 mm square.
[L.S.9] Can it measure underwater objects through acrylic tanks etc. ?
It can do it.
However, there are cases that it can not be done when bubbles and impurities are present in the water.
It hinders measurement even when bubbles and impurities can not be confirmed by the naked eye.
[L.S.10] What is the circuit of the hold input ?
It looks like the figure on the right. Although it is receiving signals at the photocoupler, it is not isolated from the internal circuit, so please do not bundle it together with the power line so as not to introduce noise. Also, if possible, use twisted pair wires and shorten wiring distance as much as possible.
[L.S.11] How long can the distance between the projector and the receiver of the separate type scanning unit of the Laser Micrometer be extended ?
The measurable distance between the projector and the receiver in the separate type is as follows.
However, the distances in the table below are measurable distances and do not guarantee accuracy.
Accuracy will degrade somewhat as distance increases. Accuracy depends on distance and application, so if you would like to know more details please contact us.
|Model No.||Maximum measurable distance[mm]|
[L.S.14] Please tell us a concrete example of using the signal distributer.
- The swing width measurement displays "outside diameter", "fluctuation" or "position detection" at the same time.
"fluctuation" indicates the maximum value (A)-the minimum value (B)
Therefore, the actual fluctuation becomes 1/2 of the indicator
Real fluctuation width ＝ (A-B)/2
- Measure "outside diameter" of a plural objects by one scanning unit.
In addition, there are many application examples, so please contact our sales department.
[L.S.15] Difference between LDM-110 / 110EX and LDM-130 / 130EX
Please see the comparison table below.
|LDM-110 / 110 EX||LDM-130 / 130 EX|
|No. of Averaging Time||1 - 2048 (12 steps)|
|No. of Display Figures||Max. 5 figures|
|Setting of Reference Value||5 figures digital SW||5 figures 7seg LED|
|Setting of Upper Limit Tolerance||4 figures digital SW||4 figures 7seg LED|
|Setting of Lower Limit Tolerance||4 figures digital SW||4 figures 7seg LED|
|Display of Max. / Min. Value||-||"Displays Max. or Min.|
at Averaging Time
|USB Connector||-||Setting Data load/save via USB Memory|
|Center Position Monitor||Bar graph LED 8 position Display|
|Recorder Output||±10Vmax,Selective setting between 1μm/V～1m/V|
|Upper/Lower Limit Contact Output||Upper Limit = 1a, Lower Limit = 1a AC250V 2A (Resistance load)|
|Error Contact Output||1b (Closed when Power Off) AC250V 2A (Resistance load)|
|External Communication||RS-232C Interface (Standard)|
[Modbus RTU half duplex] Standard
|CC-Link Interface (Option)|
|BCD Output||BCD Output 6 digits (Option)|
|Scanning Speed||400 times/sec.||400 times/sec. or 2000 times/sec.|
[L.B.1] How do I attach and detach the BCD board (for LDM-110 / 110EX / 210) ?
- First you have to open the cover of the display unit. Refer to [L.S.1] for detaching the cover.
- With the cover open, you can remove the BCD board by removing the M3 screw of the asterisk (★) part.
There are two connectors on the BCD board, and the connector closer to the front panel is jointed with the main board.
[L.B.2] Can I change the strobe pulse width of the BCD board (for LDM-110 / 110EX / 210) ?
- In LDM-110 / 110EX / 210, strobe pulse width can be changed by changing parts on BCD board.
Therefore, you first have to open the cover of the display unit and remove the BCD board.
Please refer to [L.B.1] for how to remove the board.
- The right figure is the BCD option board (LDM-19) seen from the component side.
The strobe pulse width (T) is determined by the following equation with the values of C1 (capacitor) and R1 (resistance).
T [sec] = 0.7 * C1 [F] * R1 [ohm] then,
R1 should be selected in the range of 1.4K to 100KΩ and C1 should be selected in the range of 1000uF or less.
Also, when using C1 electrolytic capacitors like aluminum electrolytic capacitors, make sure that the + side comes to the opposite side of JMP1 on the board.
- For example, let C1 = 10 μF and R 1 = 3 kΩ, the strobe pulse width is
T = 0.7 * 0.00001[F] * 3000[ohm] = 21[msec]
Actually, the strobe pulse width is slightly different depending on the precision of C1 and R1 etc. Therefore, when precisely adjusting the strobe width, the value of C1 and R1 is decided by cut and try while checking the strobe waveform with an oscilloscope etc..
- The BCD strobe width in the LDM-1000 / 1000EX series can be set from 2 to 999,999 (multiples of 3.2 μs) from the panel of the main unit.
[L.B.3] What is the specification of the BCD output circuit and how is it connected to the receiving side ?
1.BCD output circuit specifications are as follows.
- Open collector negative logic.
- The maximum output current when the output transistor is ON is 40 mADC.
- The maximum external power supply voltage that can be connected is +30 VDC.
- 2.If the receiving side is voltage input type, it will be as shown on the right. If there is no built-in pull-up resistor on the receiving side, it is necessary to add it.
- 3.When the receiving side is a current input type (photo coupler input), connection as the right figure is common. If the power supply is built-in type, external power supply can be omitted.
- 4.In any of the above cases, please select the external power supply whose rated power is sufficient to flow the necessary current when all the bits are turned on.
[L.B.4] To what extent can the wiring of the BCD signal be extended ?
- That can not be said unconditionally since this is dominated by the noise environment of the installation site, shielding processing of the wiring, routing of the wiring.
- From mere experience, it seems to be OK until about 50m.
- Also, in applications that do not use the strobe signal but only display in a different place, even if it is extended about 100 m, there is almost no problem in practical use.
[L.B.5] The digit with blank is (F) hex in BCD. Is there any countermeasure?
- On the LDM-110, LDM-210 and LDM-100 series, the display blank digit becomes (F) hex for BCD output. In this case, turn off the zero suppression function and set the blank to 0 display. Then the BCD data will also be  hex. However, since 0 will appear at the beginning of the display, we regard that there are times when it is worrisome.
- Alternatively, it may be considered to interpret it as  hex if [F] hex comes on the receiving side.
- For LDM-110EX or LDM-1000 / 1000EX, the BCD output is output as  hex even though the display is zero suppression
[L.B.6] What is the BCD output signal when the LDM-110/210 is displaying an error ?
- The LDM-110/210 expresses the error content with "E -" character and the number following it, such as "E-12".
The code of "E" is [A]hex ,
The code for "-" is [B]hex .
- The place of blank is [F]hex .
- However, LDM - 110/210 does not output the BCD strobe except for correct measurement.
[R.] RS-232C communication
- [R.1] How to wire the RS-232C cable?
- [R.2] To what extent can the RS-232C cable length be extended?
- [R.3] Is there a simple way to check if the RS-232C communication with the measuring device can be successfully done with the computer?
- [R.4] Do you have a sample program for RS-232C communication?
- [R.5] What should I do when sometimes the setting to the device via RS-232C will not be successful ?
- [R.6] In the RS-232C communication with the LDM-110, I can read the measured value once with "R", It will no longer communicate after that. What kind of cause is considered?
- [R.7] RS-232C error "E-41" is displayed on the indicator ...
- [R.8] How much sample rate can you capture the measured value, when importing measured values to the personal computer using RS-232C on the display unit ?
- [R.9] Though the baud rate setting of the LDM-110 is only 4800 bps, can not be set at 9600 bps beyond that ?
- [R.10] What are the precautions when using the USB-RS 232 C conversion cable?
[R.1] How can I connect the cable of RS-232C?
- The RS-232C connector of our product basically uses the D-SUB 9 pin ・ female connector and the signal arrangement is as below.
- Some older models use the D-SUB 25 pin female connector, the signal arrangement in this case is as below.
- In both cases above, SG is signal ground, TxD is transmit data, RxD is receive data, RTS is transmit request, CTS is transmittable signal.
- In general, you can connect with a commercially available RS-232C cross cable (Null Modem Cable, Reverse cable), but depending on the equipment you want to connect, there are cases in which commercially available cables do not work well.
When making a cable by yourself, the most recommended type is the connection like followings.
<Our equipment> <Customer side equipment> SG ----- SG TxD ----- RxD RxD ----- TxD RTS ----- CTS CTS ----- RTS
- If you want to make the cable connection simpler, even if RTS-CTS and CTS-RTS are not connected, there are almost no problems.
- If it is not possible to use the recommended connection above, it is sometimes necessary to short-circuit the DSR (data set ready) and DTR (data terminal ready) on the customer equipment side to use it.
[R.2] How long can the RS-232C cable length be extended?
It is decided to be within 15 m by the standard.If it needs more length, it is necessary to convert it to an interface suitable for long distance transmission such as RS-485 and communicate.
In practice, however, it is almost unlikely that it will work without problems until 30 m, but this will be out of the standard, so even if trouble occurs it will not be supported from anywhere.
[R.3] Is there a simple way to check whether the RS-232C communication with the measuring device can be successfully done with a personal computer in hand?
I will explain how to check with a Windows PC here.
- There is "Hyper terminal" in a menu "communication" in "accessories" in Windows "program".
("There may be "Hyper Terminal" just below "Accessory" without the "communication".)
- You can check easily with this "Hyper Terminal"
- "Hyper terminal" is a program outputs characters from the keyboard via the RS-232 C interface (echo back of keyboard characters can be turned on / off by setting), letters from the RS-232 C interface are displayed on the screen.
- For example, in case of confirmation with LDM-110, if you enter "R" from the keyboard and measured values are displayed on the screen, it means OK.
- This is the same as the operation of the old NEC 98 series terminal mode (typing as TERM" COM1: "on N88BAISC and entering the return key to enter terminal mode).
＊：It seems that Hyper Terminal is not implemented in Windows Vista.
Please use Xp or earlier Windows.
[R.4] Is there something like a sample program for RS-232C communication?
Currently, we can not deal with these demands since we have a wide range of equipment and software that customers are going to organize programs.
As an example, here is a sample program for BASIC for communication with the LDM-110.
It may be helpful for application to a sequencer.
|10||OPEN "COM 1: N 81 NN" AS # 1||'RS-232C communication preparation|
|20||PRINT#1,"R";||'Request measured value for LDM-110|
|30||INPUT#1,R$||'Assign the returned measurement to R$|
|40||PRINT R$||'Show measured values|
|50||GOTO 20||'Repeat above 20 to 40|
|60||CLOSE #1||'RS-232C communication end|
|70||STOP||'The end of the program|
[R.5] What should I do when settings for the device via RS-232C may not be successful ?
In the case of multiple character string commands like the setting command, if you transmit the character string almost at the same time, the character may be missed by our equipment (eg LDM-110EX), and the command may not be interpreted correctly.
When such a problem occurs, it is largely solved by the following method.
- First, try lowering the communication baud rate.
- Or send character string with one character at a time. For example, when transmitting "h1234 [CR]" ([CR] is a carriage return code) to LDM-110EX not to do as
Transmit "h1234 [cr]"
Transmit "h" delay、Transmit "1" delay、Transmit "2" delay、Transmit "3" delay、Transmit "4" delay、Transmit "[cr]" delay
In this case, the length of the delay depends on the model, but it may be OK at about 50 msec.If it is not good with 50 msec, please increase this delay. It is not OK even if this delay is set to 1 second, it seems there is a cause different from the problem of our equipment.
- We strongly recommend that you read the setting value after the setting command and check whether it is set correctly.
[R.6] With the RS-232C communication with the LDM-110, it is possible to read the measured value once by [R], but no further communication after that.What kind of cause is considered?
The following causes are conceivable.
- Commands for reading measured values such as LDM-110 are often one-character commands like "R", but the intention of sending only "R" on the user side, the device side freely carriage return Code etc. are added and transmitted.
In case of using LDM-110, this phenomenon may occur in older version (version 1.11 or earlier).
In the new version, it works regardless of whether a carriage return is added or not. If you are using an older version, please do not add a carriage return on the customer's device. For the method of checking the version, please refer to the contents of [L.S.2].
- Character as "?" etc. are automatically echoed back to our equipment when the user's device receives data with RS-232C.
Please do not echo back characters to the other party on the equipment side of the customer side.For example, the INPUT # statement echo back "?" in the ASCII unit of the Omron Sequencer, we need to use the LINE INPUT # statement.
[R.7] RS-232C error [E-41] is displayed on the Display unit ...
- Most of the reason in this case depends on the mismatch of communication conditions (baud rate, parity setting etc.) between communication devices. And among them, baud rate inconsistency is the most frequent cause.
Please note that even if you change the Baud Rate Setting switch, many devices will not change the setting unless you turn on the power again.
- Please note that when using our automatic startup unit, the baud rate between the automatic startup unit and the Laser Micrometer must be 300 bps or 1200 bps.
[R.8] How much sampling rate can you capture the measured value when importing measured values to a personal computer using RS-232C ?
This depends on the baud rate setting.
In the case of 9600 bps, it takes 1 msec to send and receive roughly one character.
For example, if you want to capture measured values on the LDM-110, you need to import a total of 8 characters with 6 numeric characters plus 1 decimal plus carriage return codes.
Furthermore, since the command "R" to capture the measured value must be sent to the LDM-110, the sample rate will be about 10 msec or more with a baud rate of 9600 bps.
The sample rate at 4800 bps is double of 9600 bps.
[R.9] The baud rate setting of the LDM-110 is only 4800 bps, but can not be set at 9600 bps beyond that?
Actually, when you set the BAUD switch to 7, it is set to 9600 bps,
And when you set the BAUD switch to 8, it will be set to 19200 bps.
The reason why the nominal fastest baud rate is set to 4800 bps is that when it becomes 9600 bps or more, it is necessary to insert a delay between letters when setting with RS-232C.For details on this subject see [L.S.5].
If you only read the measured values, you can communicate without problems up to 19200 bps.
[R.10] Points to be noted when using the USB-RS 232C conversion cable?
- Various products are on sale for the USB-RS232C conversion cable.
Please purchase a conversion cable that conforms to the OS of your PC (planned to be used).
The product which we have confirmed the operation at our company is UG-SGT made by ELECOM.
We have checked the operation with the 32 bit version of Windows XP or later. (As of May 25, 2011)
In each version of Windows (95), 98, Me, 2000, even we have checked the operation Operation with these versions is not covered by warranty.
We have not checked the operation with the 64 bit version of Windows.
- Depending on parameter setting confirmation on Windows-Vista and Windows 7 or the conversion cable, performance improvement can be expected with changing the setting with the detailed parameter setting.
Further, in a type in which detailed parameters can be set, depending on the setting contents communication will not be established.
In that case, print out the parameter screen and send it to us by e-mail and fax.
[C.] Outer diameter control
[C.S] General (OD control)
|[C.S.1] Which is better, extrusion control or winding control?||[C.S.2] How should I use DAC-86B, DAC-76A, DAC+88 properly?|
[C.R] Without automatic startup
|[C.R.1] Are there any requirements to the extruding or winding machine for installing the DAC-86B?||[C.R.2] Please tell me how to connect the DAC-86B.||[C.R.3] Please tell me the output cycle of DAC-86B.|
[C.A] With automatic start up
|[C.A.1] Are there any requirements to the extuding or winding machine for installing DAC+88?|
- [C.S] General (OD control)
- [C.R] Without automatic startup
- [C.A] With automatic start up
[C.S.1] Which is better, extrusion control or winding control?
The winding response tends to be better, comparing the extrusion response and winding response when changing the command voltage, but due to recent improvements in motor function, there is almost no practical difference in control response.
Since extrusion control has a constant winding speed and it is possible to grasp to some extent how long it takes to operate from the line speed and production amount, there is a merit that it is easy to plan the production.
The winding control has the merit that the extruder can be used at maximum rotation. In extrusion control it is necessary to use it where there is extrusion capacity.
Recently extrusion control is more frequent.
[C.S.2] How should you use DAC-86B, DAC-76A, DAC+88 properly?
Although the DAC+88 with automatic startup function may feel complicated at the first data setting, it is also a problem of familiarization and the automatic startup function will help improve productivity. For easy operation, the DAC-86B is the best and the DAC-76A shows its power in thick cable lines with slow line speed etc.
The table below shows the points of using DAC-86B, DAC-76A, DAC+88 properly.
|Delay time step
|Applicable line||General purpose||Line with slow line speed||General purpose
(Lines with slow linear speed are not suitable)
|Automatic start-up function||None||Available|
OD measuring instrument
|OK if there is analog deviation output||Only our company's product|
|Control object||Either extrusion or take-off||Both extrusion and take-off|
|Speed volume adjustment
during AUTO running
(Speed change by data change)
|No need||Necessary||No need|
|Data setting per product||No need||Call program number|
For detailed comparison of the specifications of DAC-86B, DAC-76A, DAC+88, please refer to "Outer diameter / variant control system" of product guide.
[C.R.1] Are there any reguirement about the equipment when installing the DAC-86B?
The type of motor is irrelevant if it is a equipment whose rotation speed is controlled by DC voltage command.
Also, the polarity of DC voltage is not concerned. Some old eqipument control motor rotation with AC Slide Dock, although it is rare. DAC-86B can not be installed on such a line.
[C.R.2] Please tell me how to wire the DAC-86B.
+/- of the output of the DAC-86B is insulated from the other circuits and is inserted cascade between the motor signal wires. Pay special attention not to connect the-side (pin 6) of the output to the signal 0 V.
Basic wiring method is stated in the instruction manual and catalog of DAC-86B, please refer to that.
In case you can not understand the connection method even if you read this instruction manual and catalog of DAC-86B, if you have your equipment circuit diagram, we will have it and will tell you the concrete wiring method. Please send the circuit to our company by FAX (+81-42-645-8938) . In that case please specify "DAC-86 B connection method instructing wish". Also, please specify clearly whether extrusion control or winder control. Please refer to [C.S.1] if you can not decide whether to control extrusion control or winder control.
[C.R.3] Please tell me the output cycle of the DAC-86B.
The output update cycle of the DAC-86B is 10 msec (100 times per second).
[C.A.1] Are there any requirement about the equipment when installing DAC+88?
The type of motor is irrelevant if it is a equipment whose rotation speed is controlled by DC voltage command. The polarity of the DC voltage is not matter, but in minus voltage control, the connection becomes a bit more complicated.
In case the maximum DC command voltage exceeds 10 V, an amplifier (doubling gain) is required as an option. Two amplifiers are required, if the maximum command voltage of both the extruder and the winding machine exceeds 10 V.
The adjustment of the volume changes, after installing the amplifier. (: It will be doubled rotation if you match it to the same position as before.)
Some old eqipment also have AC Slide Dock, although it is rare. It is not possible to install DAC+88 on such a line.
[TM] Surface Variation Detector
- [T.M.1] What is the difference between single slit method and double slit method?
- [T.M.2] How can I set the detecting level?
- [T.M.3] What is the relationship between the line speed and the uneven width?
- [T.M.4] What is the ability to detect the unevenness of the dead angle of the detection axis?
- [T.M.5] Please tell me the jigs and gauges to use for calibration... (go to the explanation page)
[T.M.1] It stops working while the convex lamp and the concave lamp are on...
Fig.1, Fig.2 shows the state that the light of a constant light quantity being projected (oblique part in the figure) is blocked by the workpiece.
Single slit system (Fig.1)
In this method, the unevenness of the outer diameter is detected by grasping the change in the amount of light when there is no unevenness (left side in the figure) and there is the unevenness (right side in the figure).Therefore, although it may be regarded as irregularities due to vibration, it is also possible to detect gradual tapered unevenness with restrictions.
Double slit system (Fig.2)
In this method, the unevenness of the outer diameter is detected by the light quantity difference between the two slits being projected. On the left side of Fig.2 shows a state without concavities and convexities, in which case no difference occurs. On the right side of Fig.2 The difference occurs when there is unevenness, and it is detected by this difference. Therefore, unevenness of work which is not a true circle can also be detected. However, the double slit method may not be able to detect unevenness of gradual change, but it is also resistant to vibrations and suitable for thin wire production lines.
[T.M.2] How can I set the detecting level?
For example, if "520" is set and the normal outer diameter is 1.000 mm, when the outer diameter of the convex portion is 1.52 mm or more (upper / middle in the figure below) and the outer diameter of the concave portion is 0.48 mm or less (below in the figure below).
Even if the outer diameter is different, when the level of the unevenness to be detected is the same, there is no need to change the setting of the concave-convex alarm level of the detector.
The more sensitive the alarm level is, the more severe the provision becomes to the the work vibration, external vibration, external disturbance light, water droplet etc.
[T.M.3] What is the relationship between the line speed and the uneven width?
There is a correlation between the line speed and the uneven width that can be detected.
The frequency response of the Surface Variation Detector is such that the low frequency cutoff frequency is about 3 Hz, the wide range cutoff frequency is approximately 8 to 10 KHz (30 kHz, or 50 kHz depending on the model).
Therefore, when the outside diameter varies very gradual or the uneven width is very short, the sensitivity tends to decrease.
The following value is a rough indication width of maximum detection limit in the case of gradual unevenness.
Line speed 30 m / min ⇒ Width up to 15 cm.
Line speed 60 m / min ⇒ Width up to 30 cm.
Line speed 120 m / min ⇒ Width 60 cm.
The minimum response uneven width is related to the response of the detector and line speed and can be obtained by the following formula.
Minimum response uneven width [mm] =
(Cable length advancing in 1 second [mm / sec]) / (Response of the detector [KHz])
However, the minimum uneven width is limited to the slit width.
[T.M.4] What is the ability to detect the unevenness of the dead angle of the detection axis?
ｈ=(1/2) * Φ * (cosα-1) ＋ (H * cosα)
The problem above will be solved by increasing the measuring axis.
[AD.] Counting Event Printer
|[AD.1] I want to reverse the print direction upside down ...||[AD.2] Difference between AD-50,AD-50E and AD-500|
[AD.1] I want to reverse the print direction upsid down ...
Push the lock on both sides of the printer panel inward and remove the panel.
Switch the printing direction by the slide switch on the left side.
[AD.2] Difference between AD-50,AD-50E and AD-500
Please see the comparison table below.
|Number of event messages||10 types||7 types||10 types|
|Clock pulse rate||Selectable from 2kPPS and 10PPS.||Up to 2 kpps||Selectable from 2kPPS (maximum) and 10PPS.|
|Reset event message input||Switchs on front panel, terminal block on rear panel, RS-232C||Front panel switch||Switchs on front panel, terminal block on rear panel, RS-232C|
|Change message event name||Can be changed through RS-232C||Changeable in data setting mode||Can be changed through RS-232C or USB Flash|
|Alarm output for expiration, forecast (PRESET) setting and other settings||Alarm output available||No function||Alarm output available|
|Initial set digit number||6-digits||5-digit||6-digits|
|Lot number digits||4-digits||3-digits||4-digit (can be updated automatically)|
|External communication||RS-232C||No function||Equip RS-232C as standard (baud rate: 9600/19200bps)|
[J.] Joint Detector
[J.1] Can joint detector be used as disconnection detector?
The joint detector can also be used as a cable disconnection detector, but disconnection of the single wire, thin wire CDD-15 is recommended for detection.
The comparison between ID-1001W / ID-15 pair and CDD-15 is shown below.
|Measurement||Penetrating eddy current loss type||Penetrating capacitive type|
|Passing hole diameter||φ15mm||φ15mm|
|Power supply||AC100/200V 50/60Hz 3VA||AC100/200V 50/60Hz 4VA|
|Power supply announcement output||Available||None|
|Detection target||・Effective cross section 0.75mm2 or more
・Detection of disconnection of one split wire is possible
・Maximum 5 twists
|・Break of single ultrafine wire
・Effective cross section area of 0.075mm2 or more
・Finished outer diameter φ0.165 or more
|Detect output||Red LED on, 0.5 second one shot "a" contact|
|Signal monitor||Bar graph LED display||None|
|Sensitivity setting method||・10 rotary dial||・No adjustment|
|Operating temperature||0 to 50℃||1 to 70℃|
|Features||・able to detect one disconnection out of a maximum of 5
・Be careful of vibration of the wire
|・For detection of core disconnection of single core wires
・Small influence of vibration
・Beware of disconnection of 15 mm or less
「Contact」 or 「Technical consultation」etc. are accepted from here.